Green Kid Crafts

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October is Cookie Month

I know I love cookies and pretty much all types. Who here doesn't love cookies? Did you know that October is National cookie month? I didn't, but I am glad i know now. I think I will celebrate by baking some of my favorite cookies.

I consider myself an avid baker. If i am in a hurry I will use the premade cookie dough sold in stores. For the holidays I like to use my own recipes and make my own cookies. They are fun to put together and give away as tasty holiday gifts.

I never really thought about it, but there are so many different types of cookies. Most are baked, but there are even no-bake cookies. Cookies are made in a wide variety of styles, and use a wide variety of ingredients including sugars, spices, chocolate, butter, peanut butter, nuts or dried fruits. Some types of cookies are:

  • Dropped Cookies
  • Rolled Cookies
  • Pressed Cookies
  • Refrigerator Cookies
  • Molded Cookies
  • Bar Cookies
  • Sandwich Cookies
  • Fried Cookies
  • Twice Baked Cookies

I grew up eating cookies. Usually it was just the basic Oreos, chocolate chip, and sugar cookies. Every season I would, and still do, await the Girl Scout cookies. Even they have changed so much. There are always new cookies being brought in and old getting out.

What are your favorite types of cookies? Do you have a special cookie recipe that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...