Green Kid Crafts

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A letter to my 15 year old self

As I come up on yet another birthday and I prepare to turn another year older I got to thinking. There are a lot of things I wish I could tell my younger self that might have made me a better person today. So I have decided to write a letter to my 15 year old self. Here it is:


Dear 15 year old me,

     Hello it is me, which is you from the future. There are some things I need to tell you to prepare yourself for the future and hopefully make you a better person. First, save yourself for marriage. You may think sex is all fun and games, but it isn't. Save yourself the heartache that is to come and just wait. It will be worth it to wait. Consequences come along with not waiting and it just isn't worth it. Just save yourself and your wedding night will be amazing. Second, participate in more activities in school. Have a little fun and enjoy school and activities while you can. Get a little experience in different areas and have fun in the process. Don't be afraid of trying new activities, you never know what you will like. School will be over before you know it and you will wish you had done more. Next, remember once you are 18 you are in charge of your life. Don't let others try to run what you do. Focus on yourself and making yourself happy. You aren't here to please everyone else. You have to remember to take care of yourself. Also, life will throw you curves but don't be afraid just be prepared and you will make it through. There are some tough times ahead, but remember I am here to write you so you will make it, despite the times you don't know if you will. Next, work a little bit harder in college. You will eventually graduate, but maybe it won't take quite so long. Just try to focus a little more. I know it will be hard, but you can do it. Lastly, enjoy yourself. Life is too short. Spend time with family as much as you can, losing them will be so hard. Hug grandpa for me, I miss him so much. Tell everyone how much you love them, because you never know when you won't be able to anymore.

                                                                                                                                 Love,
                                                                                                                                   27 year old me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...