Green Kid Crafts

Monday, September 18, 2017

Mickey Mouse Club house Birthday party

Who here loves Mickey Mouse or has kids who do? I know I am a big Disney fan and so are my kids. It wasn't surprising when one of my kids asked for a Mickey Mouse themed party. Being such a Disney fanatic I wanted to go homemade for most of the party. I started with the decorations and food. I handmade the tags for the food and made most of the food. I will explain what I did. Remember everything can be customized to your own liking. 

This one is pretty self explanatory. Hot Dogs. Pretty simple. You could also do brats and metts and such with it. 
Again, self explanatory. These are your things to go with your hot diggity dogs. Ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles, anything that you like. 


When you have a party you have to have chips and dip. You get to choose the flavors and types. Pringles, ruffles, BBQ, sour cream and onion, the options are endless. Dip you can get store bought or make your own. Salsa and chips are even an option. The possibilities are endless and all up to you. 



This is another one you can really customize. You could again go simple and buy a pasta salad or even potato salad from the store or get creative and make your own. 

The Goofy Grape salad was obviously homemade. It was pretty easy to make and was delicious. 
Goofy Grape Salad
4 lbs. green grapes
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, and white sugar.  Stir in the clean grapes.  Spread into a 9×13 pan.  Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of dish.  Refrigerate overnight.


The pluto punch is again pretty customizable. If you really want to be simple you can just buy some pop and juice from the store. you could also be like me and make a juice. Have a favorite juice you like to make? Go for it. This is the recipe I used. Remember you can always make the recipes smaller or bigger to your needs.
2 – 46 oz cans pineapple juice
2 cans frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cans frozen lemonade concentrate
7 cups of ginger ale 
12 cups of water
Mix well.  Chill, and serve
This would be your utensils. You could also put the plates and napkins here as well. They are the necessary things for a party. 
We were at a park so there was plenty for the kids to do, but we also wanted an activity. Again there are so many options. You can do a pinata or party games or nothing if you so choose. We went for a design your own shirt station. It was pretty successful and the kids and even adults loved getting creative. If you choose to do this just get shirts in different sizes (they can be bought at a dollar store) and some fabric markers and/or fabric paint. Let them at it. 
Party hats. Easy to make. Just take your favorite party hats can be whatever color or colors you choose. Cut out ears and attach to the hats. If you want Minnie hats as well cut out bows and attach as well. 
The party isn't complete without the cake. This is a homemade cake. I bought a Mickey pan from Hobby Lobby. The icing coloring came from Walmart. I mixed my own colors and used the star tip to decorate. It took a few practice runs but it was completely worth it. 
Whatever you choose to do I hope it all works out. I hope this can give you some fun ideas for an awesome birthday party. If you have a Mickey theme that you make I would love to see pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...