Green Kid Crafts

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

What I wanted to be when I grew up

I was sitting thinking the other night about where I am in my life as far as my career goes. Although currently my job is being a full time mom, I do have an associates degree in Medical Administrative Assisting. It got me thinking about when I was growing up all the things I said I wanted to be verses what I actually do for a career.

I remember some of the first things I wanted to be was an artist and a teacher. I have always loved painting and doing crafts and was very interested in doing it as a job. Being older I know I am no where near creative enough to be an artist, but I sure do love doing crafts with my kids. I also have always loved doing school and interested in teaching others. I have been a tutor and I do home school so I guess in a sense I am a type of teacher.
I also always loved being the center of attention. I have never been afraid of getting up in front of others and loved acting. I wanted to be an actress and be in the movies. Although I am far from Hollywood famous, I did get my first taste of Hollywood as an extra in the 2017 film My Days of Mercy staring Ellen Page and Kate Mara. It was hectic, but everything I dreamed.


As I got a bit older I started trying to think of jobs that were a bit more realistic. I wanted to be an orca or dolphin trainer and work at Sea World. At that time I was still young and naive and didn't realize how badly they treated those animals. I wish I was able to help them. 

The first thing I went to college for was microbiology. I wanted to study genetics. After my first year and lots of thought and some crazy circumstances I decided that while I am very interested in that field I didn't want to spend all that time in school and working that my entire life. 

My next college field was Early Childhood Education. I am still very interested in that and I would love to one day open/run a daycare. One of the things that held me back was it just wasn't the right time for college. I had a baby and was pregnant with my second and things were hectic and I needed to be home. This led me to online school and my last and final decision. I have always been interested in the medical field, as well as for some strange reason I love doing paperwork and scheduling and so Medical Administrative Assisting was the best option to join the 2 together. 

What did you want to be when you grew up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...