Green Kid Crafts

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

It's Taco (Salad) Tuesday

Everyone has heard of Taco Tuesday right? We did a twist on this favorite and made Taco Salad. I started by browning the ground beef. I used ground sirloin as it's 90% lean and so very little fat, but whatever you choose is up to you.
Once you brown the meat, follow the instructions for your taco seasoning packet. Usually you add around 3/4-1 cup of water per packet and you add 1 packet per pound of ground beef. I had 2 pounds and mine called for 3/4 cup so I added 2 packets of seasoning and 1 1/2 cups of water and let it cook.
Once your meat is done add whatever chips you want to use to your plate. We used Nacho Cheese Doritos and Cool Ranch Doritos. You can use these, tortilla chips, or any other chip you want to use. Add your meat on top, then add your toppings. We used salsa, cheese, and sour cream. You can add lettuce, beans, tomatoes, or anything else you choose. Now enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...