Green Kid Crafts

Friday, December 15, 2017

I Got a Job!!!!

I started working when I was 16. My first job was at Kroger. I was there for a few years until I moved from Kentucky to Ohio and then I worked a short while at Target. Shortly after being there I got pregnant. I worked there until i was about 7 months pregnant and since my husband was working, I quit. I babysat for a friend until I had my daughter. That was the last I worked, last I had a job was March 2010. I have been a stay at home mom since then.

In November 2014 I finished up with my Associate's degree in Medical Administrative Assisting. I was about 4/5 months pregnant at the time, so it still wasn't a proper time for me to start working. After I had my last son and he had medical problems as well, it still wasn't a good time for me to work, so my husband continued working while I stayed home and did all the medical aspects of everything and took care of the kids.

The time has finally came. The kids are a bit older, and their health is pretty well under control where we aren't swamped with doctors appointments all the time. I found a job that the hours are good enough I can still do morning doctors appointments and everything before work. I am going to work 3-11pm as a caregiver at Heartland of Woodridge, which is an assisted living community. I am very excited. I go Monday to finish my paperwork and do the drug test and everything. Either Wednesday or the following Wednesday I should do orientation and from there I get my schedule and will learn when I start working. By the new year I should be working at my new job. I am very excited for this and can't wait to start. This is a very good opportunity for me and my family.
I will be busier than I have been used to, but I am still going to try to blog as much as I can. I will try to write up posts for the week at a time so that they will automatically post every day. That way you guys can still get great content as I adjust to this crazy new schedule. It is going to be hard since I haven't worked in 7.5 years, but I am very ready to get back into working. I love being a mom, but getting out there and getting adult interaction is very highly needed. This is something I have wanted to do for a while. Even after working there a few months i will have the opportunity to take classes and become a STNA which I have plans to do.

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...