Green Kid Crafts

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

How was your Christmas?

Hello, everyone!! I hope you all had a great Christmas, as we did. The kids were super spoiled by everyone and got way more than they needed. I loved getting to spend time with family. We went to my one grandma's on Christmas Eve. We hadn't seen her in a few months, so that was great. She has been really lonely lately so she really enjoyed us and the kids being there. Christmas morning the kids didn't wake up until 9:30 so we got lucky there (guess that will happen when they have trouble sleeping and keep staying up until midnight!). They opened all of their gifts here, got ready for the day, and had time to play with their new toys. We then went to my grandma's where my mom, dad, and brother were also there. We opened all of our gifts, played and talked and had dinner. We then went to my husband's aunts where the kids played, we ate more, and we sang some karaoke. It was a LOT of fun, some new Christmas traditions as well. We came home and got the kids into bed after a long crazy day.

So, what did we get? The kids got a lot of clothes which is always needed. The girls are really into their American Girl dolls right now, so they got a lot of clothes for their dolls, which made them very happy. My 7 year old daughter got a game called Ultra Dash, which is a relay game. This has been keeping them all very active, and I am hoping they continue loving it. My 6 year old daughter got a make your own lip gloss set, she is my girly girl. My 5 year old son got cars, a Cars 3 set (as did my 2 year old son), a Batman flyer, a Paw patrol tower, and his favorite a remote controlled car. He got one that matches the one his best friend has, and he couldn't be happier. My 2 year old on the other had wishes he didn't have it, as he is terrified of remote control cars. He got some Mickey Mouse items, dinosaurs, blankets. The girls got Magic 8 balls, walkie-talkies. They love everything they got. My hubby gave me a ring. It was our original engagement ring that I haven't been able to wear in years after having a kid or 2. He got it resized and cleaned for me and I LOVE it. My parents got us a Keurig which we are in love with. We have been wanting one, but just couldn't justify shelling out the money for one at the time. My husband is really happy with it, and I think he will end up using it more than me.

Now Christmas is over, and I will be spending the last few days of the year at work. I work today, tomorrow, Thursday. I am off Friday so we will be running errands, paying bills, making sure we have everything we need, especially going into a holiday weekend where I will be working. I work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I am really hoping on New Year's Eve I make it home before midnight to be with my family. I get off at 11, but we have to wait for the next shift to come in and give report and make sure all paperwork is done and then I have a 20-30 minute drive home.


So, how was your Christmas? Did you or your kids get any special gift you/they are really excited about? Any engagements? Pregnancy announcements? Disney or other trip surprises? What are your plans for New Years?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...