Green Kid Crafts

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Blogtober day 3: pregnancy and infant loss awareness month

Most everyone knows that October is breast cancer awareness month. What isn't as well known is that it is also pregnancy and infant loss awareness month.

Just a few short days ago we celebrated my sons 6th birthday in heaven. He was born September 30,2013 at 16 weeks 5 days. He passed at birth. We still don't really know what caused him to come early,but the doctor decided it was incompetent cervix.

Pregnancy and infant loss is still such a taboo subject. 1 in 4 women have experienced pregnancy or infant loss. Why are we still so afraid to talk about it? Yes it is sad,but i love talking about my son to whomever will listen. His name is Oscar William. He did exist and he will forever be my son and guardian angel. This overtim October please help me spread awareness. Let's end the taboo that surrounds it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...