Green Kid Crafts

Friday, December 22, 2017

Orientation for Work

If you haven't yet then check out this post on me getting a new job. Wednesday I had my orientation for my new job. I am going to be a resident caregiver at an assisted living facility. I am very excited for this opportunity. I had a very busy day. Mind you I haven't worked in going on 8 years, being at work from 730am until 4pm was a very long day for me. I also had to get step one of the TB test.  We went over SO much information. Talked about HIPPA, all the benefits the company offers, all of the safety precautions and what to do in emergencies and more. My brain felt like it was ready to explode with all the information. We even took a tour of the facility, which is a great facility. They are part of HCR ManorCare which is a nationwide company. The people are amazing, has good benefits, and so far the residents seem friendly for the most part. I am very excited to be working for this company and can't wait to get on the floor working. If you want to get into healthcare check them out as they have around 600 facilities throughout the United States with many position types available.  You can search available opportunities here.


As you are reading this post, if reading it the day it was posted, I will be doing my In service training which is all the computer training and tests that we have to do before we can work on the floors. I will also be getting my TB test read. I do not anticipate any problems with this as I had to do the TB test in high school when I volunteered at a hospital and it came back negative. I will also be getting my full schedule and finding out when I get to start actually working.


The first week or so I will be training alongside a veteran caregiver learning everything I should know about my position. This feels so wonderful. When I got home from orientation Wednesday I tried on my scrubs and my husband said I had the biggest smile on my face. I am so happy and it shows. Just wearing the scrubs made me feel really special and happy. I will keep you guys updated on how everything is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...