Tuesday, December 11, 2018
2019 EVENT LINE-UP KICKS OFF WITH THE RETURN OF THREE KINGS CELEBRATION: Three Kings Celebration Brings Cherished Traditions and Festive Cuisine to Orlando Jan. 1 - 6
In honor of the cherished tradition of Latin cultures, families are invited to help us commemorate the arrival of the Three Wise Men as only SeaWorld can. Enjoy extended opportunities to see O Wondrous Night® and Sea of Trees, partake in authentic festive cuisine, and best of all see the Three Kings and camels take the stage as they share the tale of their journey. SeaWorld’s Three Kings Celebration is included with park admission and begins at 11 a.m. daily, Jan. 1 – 6, continuing through park close.
· Tale of the Three Kings - Join the Three Wise Men at a live nativity scene depicting the arrival of the Three Kings. A storyteller will share the tale of their journey and the traditions of the Three Kings holiday to park guests. This presentation, featuring live animals, will take place several times throughout the day and offer a truly special photo opportunity for park guests.
· Festive Food and Drinks - Food connoisseurs can enjoy Latin-inspired dishes and drinks prepared exclusively for SeaWorld’s Three Kings Celebration. Menu items include papas rellenas (fried stuffed potatoes), empanadas (cheese, chicken or beef) and bacalaitos (codfish fritters). Libations include frozen sangria and coquitos.
· O Wondrous Night - Hear the greatest story never told with over 30 carols, life-size puppets and live animals in this signature show that will charm, entertain and delight people from all walks of life. Lots of singing, special effects and incredible lighting enhance this production and holiday spirit. It's a live nativity that only SeaWorld can bring to life.
· Sea of Trees - Take a walk through our wintery, watery wonderland and immerse yourself in a sea of holiday trees. Our glistening forest with over 100 trees sparkles to music and lights up the water...and, your eyes.
Only a Few Weeks Left in 2018 to Enjoy and Experience:
Celebrate the season every day with Happy Hour! Now through December 21, starting at 5:00 p.m., enjoy buy one, get one free offers on all drinks and select appetizers at Flamecraft Bar, Shark’s Underwater Grill Bar and Waterway Grill Bar.
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
SeaWorld Orlando is where holiday memories are made, transforming into a holiday wonderland with over 3 million twinkling lights and festive holiday shows. The season meets the sea daily through December 31, 2018 and is included with park admission.
New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld Orlando
Celebrate our connection to the sea, sea life and the world we share as we ring in the New Year, SeaWorld style. A spectacular musical celebration and bold fireworks display will send a wave of welcome to the New Year ahead.
Best Way to Play
The best way for guests to experience all of the events at SeaWorld Orlando is with an Annual Pass, starting at $10.99 a month for Florida residents. Special members-only benefits such as discounts on dining and shopping make the Annual Pass especially valuable to enjoy SeaWorld’s events throughout the year.
Monday, December 10, 2018
Members of the SeaWorld Rescue team traveled to South Carolina last week, where in collaboration with multiple organizations – they assisted in the rescue and relocation of a large male manatee. The rescued animal was transported to the Jacksonville Zoo and is being treated for cold stress.
Following close coordination with the Manatee Rescue & Rehabilitation Partnership (MRP), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) staff authorized the rescue operation that included SeaWorld Orlando’s rescue team. Support for the rescue came from a broad range of agencies and organizations, including: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service staff from Jacksonville, Charleston, Ernest F. Hollings - ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge (NWR), and Cape Romain NWR, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), Sea to Shore Alliance, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR), Clearwater (FL) Marine Aquarium, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, the University of Florida Aquatic Animal Health Program, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - National Ocean Services - Charleston, and the National Marine Mammal Foundation. WestRock Company (Charleston) provided logistic support for the rescue.
Similar rescue operations took place in the Cooper River in 2015, 2016, and 2017. All of those animals were successfully relocated to Florida, some after brief stays in manatee critical care facilities. As fall arrives, some manatees that are attracted to the lush feeding grounds in the upper reaches of the Cooper River seem reluctant to leave the area even as water temperatures fall. Instead, they locate warm water sources and subsequently delay their migration south. Solutions are being put in place to address these sources in an effort to reduce their attraction to manatees and encourage them to move south earlier.
The public is encouraged to report any additional manatee sightings to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources at: dnr.sc.gov/manatee/ And a general reminder to the public, manatees should never be fed or watered. This not only teaches the animals to approach docks and boats, putting them at greater risk of boat strikes but also is illegal. If more manatees are confirmed through sighting reports, additional rescue efforts will be coordinated.
About: Manatee Rescue & Rehabilitation Partnership
As part of the Manatee Rescue & Rehabilitation Partnership, SeaWorld Orlando is an acute care rehabilitation facility that provides life-saving medical care to rescued manatees.
The MRP is a cooperative group of non-profit, private, state, and federal entities who work together to monitor the health and survival of rehabilitated and released manatees. Information about manatees currently being tracked is available at . The Florida manatee is at risk from both natural and man-made causes of injury and mortality. Exposure to red tide, cold stress, and disease are all natural problems that can affect manatees. Human-caused threats include boat strikes, crushing by flood gates or locks, and entanglement in or ingestion of fishing gear.
About: SeaWorld’s Rescue Efforts
Over the last five decades, SeaWorld has rescued more than 33,000 wild animals in need including those that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned. SeaWorld’s goal for every rescued animal is to rehabilitate and return them to their natural environment as soon as possible.
The SeaWorld rescue team is on call 24/7, 365 days a year, giving endangered and threatened marine animals a second chance at life.
This year alone SeaWorld has rescued 69 manatees and returned 23, many after successful rehabilitation.
Guests to SeaWorld Orlando can learn more about the vital work SeaWorld does for wildlife at the park’s behind the scenes Rescue Center, used for rehabilitating wildlife that has been ill, injured or orphaned – including manatees, sea turtles, birds and other marine animals.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
With over 9 million copies sold, the Adventure Bible brand is beloved by Christian schools, churches, and families alike. Now, the #1 Bible for kids, including all of the trusted essentials loved by parents, is available in an exciting polar exploration theme!
Ready for a frosty Adventure? Embark on a fun, exciting trek through God’s Word with the NIV Adventure Bible, now in an all-new polar exploration theme! While on this arctic adventure, readers meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of facts about the Bible. And most importantly you’ll grow closer in your relationship with God.
Features of the NIV Adventure Bible, Polar Exploration Edition include:
• The same trusted Adventure Bible content in a frosty new theme
• Full-color images of polar animals, arctic outposts, and icy landscapes throughout make learning about the Bible even more engaging
• Life in Bible Times—Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
• Words to Treasure—Highlights great verses to memorize
• Did You Know?—Interesting facts help you understand God’s Word and the life of faith
• People in Bible Times—Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
• Live It!—Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
• Twenty polar-themed pages focus on topics such as how to know you are a Christian, famous people of the Bible, highlights of the life of Jesus, and how to pray.
• Book introductions feature arctic art and important information about each book of the Bible
• Dictionary/concordance for looking up tricky words
• Color map section to help locate places in the Bible
• Complete text of the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible
• Thrilling new glacial cover on metallic paper
My kids loved reading it along with me. We sat every night and read a little bit. They really enjoyed learning all about the Bible and the pictures, They loved the facts and the hands on activities. It is great for families and people of all ages to get to know the Bible more in depth in an interactive way. If you are looking for a good way to get your kids interested in the Bible I highly recommend this book.
NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE VACATION PACKAGE GIVES FAMILIES THE MOST VACATION EVER AT LEGOLAND® FLORIDA RESORT
For the first time, families can get the most vacation ever with an all-inclusive family vacation to LEGOLAND ® Florida Resor...
September is Chiari Awareness month. Our first time raising awareness was back in 2012 when my sister in law was diagnosed. We as a big fami...
As a special needs mom this topic comes up very often. Most people who don't deal with special needs often just think of kids in wheelch...
Im not sure how many of you have heard of him, but one of my favorite artists is Ryan Upchurch, or as some might know him, Upchurch the Redn...