This week we will be discussing Dining at the Disney Resorts. I myself have not eaten at any of the resorts, but I have heard amazing things about the restaurants the Resorts have to offer. Let's start with the quick service restaurants. Most of the quick service at the resorts are cafeteria type restaurants, but they are still special. Here are the favorites.
1. Contempo Cafe- This restaurant is located at Disney's Contemporary Resort, which is in the Magic Kingdom area. Come here for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Try some oatmeal, eggs, French toast, bakery items, burgers, sandwiches, flatbreads, pasta entrées and more. Grab and go food is also available if you want to eat on the run. Don't forget to wave at people on the monorail as the ride by. Also order your meals on a screen and then wait for your food to be brought out to you. Amazing right?
2. Captain Cooks- This restaurant is located at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort which is also in the Magic Kingdom resort area. Try a Mickey Waffle or banana-stuffed Tonga Toast for breakfast. For lunch and dinner try a variety of sandwiches, salads, flatbreads, even beer and wine. Did I mention they are open 24/7?
3. Landscape of Flavors- This restaurant is located at Disney's Art of Animation Resort which is in the Wide World of Sports resort area. Food here is inspired by classic American fare including build-your-own burgers, pizza, salad and an array of specialty beverages. For breakfast try some french toast or a specialty platter or even a make-your-own omelette. For dinner have some fish, chicken, ribs and more. Kids options available at all meals.
Next we are going to check out the table service and signature restaurants.
1. Jiko - The Cooking Place- This restaurant is located in the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge which is in the Animal Kingdom resort area. They offer a blend of traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. The menu changes seasonally but includes flatbreads, filet mignon, and more including options for the kiddos. There is even wine tasting offered. There are twin wood-burning ovens whose light mimics an African sunset. There is a dress code at this restaurant. Reservations are recommended.
2. Sanaa- This restaurant is located in the Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village which is also located in the Animal Kingdom resort area. This restaurant mixes African cooking with Indian flavors. For breakfast they are a casual quick serve restaurant with waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs and more to help you get your day started. Start your lunch or dinner with Indian-style bread service with 9 accompaniments, from sweet mango chutney to spicy red chile sambal. Then go for a meat, seafood, or vegetarian entree. You can try some wine from South Africa, beer from India or Kenya, and specialty cocktails like the Malawi Mango Margarita. Watch the African animals as you dine.
3. California Grill- This is a big talked about restaurant located at the Disney's Contemporary Resort in the Magic Kingdom resort area. They offer American cuisine, seafood, and sushi. As you eat take in the sights of Seven Seas Lagoon and Magic Kingdom park as the restaurant is located on the 15th floor. Guests of age can choose from over 300 wines!!! They also offer one of the best fireworks dining experiences and if you dine before the fireworks just bring your receipt back for reentry to watch and enjoy.
Now for many kids favorites, the Character Dining. The resorts have some of the most fun Character dining experiences.
1. 1900 Park Fare- This very talked about restaurant is located at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in the magic kingdom resort area. Join Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Winnie the Pooh for a Supercalifragilistic Breakfast. Enjoy Mickey waffles, pancakes, custom-made omelettes and more. Another to to check out is the Wonderland Tea Party. Kids from 4-12 are invited for an hour of games, stories and cupcakes. You must make reservations for this. For dinner join Cinderella and Prince Charming for an amazing dinner buffet. The buffet has foods from many "kingdoms" including seafood, salad, pasta and beef specialties. Reservations are highly recommended.
2. Chef Mickey's- This is another restaurant located at Disney's Contemporary Resort in the Magic Kingdom resort area. Meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, and Goofy at this fun buffet. Watch the monorail flying by and maybe enjoy the characters leading diners in song and dance. Enjoy an American fare buffet for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Breakfast features favorites like mini-Mickey waffles, cheesy potato casserole, fresh fruit, bacon and pancakes. For dinner try shrimp, chicken, mussels, a carving station and more. There is also a sundae bar for dessert. Reservations are highly recommended.
3. Ohana- This is one of the most talked about restaurants out of all of them in the Walt Disney World resort. It is located at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort in the Magic Kingdom resort area. Enjoy a breakfast with Lilo and Stitch while eating Island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausages, Hawaiian-style ham topped with pineapple compote, and much more. Characters are not available at dinner, but you can enjoy a Hawaiian-style dinner with storytelling and games. Dine on sweet and sour chicken, shrimp, steak, dumplings and more delicious food. During dinner join in coconut races, Hula dancing and more. Reservations are highly recommended.
Mommy blogger of 4 crazy kiddos.. Reviews, travel ideas, special needs awareness and more. Some posts may contain affiliate links but all reviews are my thoughts.
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Favorite Places to eat at Disney World Resorts
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
day 3: meaning of my name
A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...
Do you like receiving monthly boxes of surprises? Does your baby? Try Bluum. They have a 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months option. You will re...
Are you looking for something fun to do this fall in the cincinnati area? Blooms & Berries will continue this family tradition focusin...
As a special needs mom this topic comes up very often. Most people who don't deal with special needs often just think of kids in wheelch...
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting