Green Kid Crafts

Monday, July 10, 2017

1 week down 5-7 to go

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days we had a very busy weekend. Been keeping my mind off the crazy waiting. Really made the time fly. I took the kids to the park Friday, saturday we just had a little cookout at home after going to a flea market and just shopping around town. Sunday we helped friends move which is kinda sad but I am happy for them. Today was a pretty boring day up until I had to take Silas to the hospital for a bleeding ear. He had tubes in and one fell out like 2 months ago and as of like a week or so ago the other looked like it was ready to fall out. Well I guess it fell out and immediately he got a severe ear infection. They said his ear was so filled with blood and pus they couldn't see anything and couldn't see if the tube was still there or not. They put him on 2 antibiotics, 1 oral 1 drops. If he doesn't start improving in a few days we have to go see the dr, otherwise supposed to see the dr in 2 weeks to make sure everything is all healed and make sure his ear is ok.
But yes we are already 1 week into the wait. The week actually went pretty fast. This next week we have 2 appointments on the same day, other than that not much going on this week. Louie follows up with plastic surgery to follow up from his hair follicle tumor removal and Silas sees the developmental pediatrician all on Thursday. Hubby works Wednesday. Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the week. That's about it for now will fill everyone in after we have our appointments Thursday. I will post some facts about hair follicle tumors and ear infections and tubes.
Ear tubes facts Recurrent ear infections may require insertion of ear tubes. Ear tube placement involves a tiny incision in the ear drum. The surgery to place tubes is called a myringotomy. The tubes remain in place for six months to several years. Eventually, they fall out of the ear. Less common conditions that may call for the placement of ear tubes are malformation of the ear drum or Eustachian tube, Down's syndrome, cleft palate, and barotrauma (middle ear injury caused by a reduction of air pressure)
Ear infection Facts Ear Infections Can Be Confused With Teething Antibiotics Are Not Always the Answer-About 60 percent of ear infections are believed to be bacterial; the other 40 percent are sparked by viruses and can't be cured by antibiotics. If Your Child Has Repeated Bouts, See A Specialist- typically when they have had three infections in six months or four within a year Ear Infections Can Happen Even With Tubes Some factors that make your child more prone to getting ear infections are being male , living with more than one sibling , and having a family history of ear infections.
Pilomatricoma is a benign skin lesion thought to be derived from the matrix of hair follicles. It is relatively rare and most commonly present in young children and adolescents. Most pilomatricomas present as a solitary, firm, skin colored papule or nodule located on the head, neck, and upper extremities. There can be a slight discoloration of the area. Most lesions are asymptomatic. Although solitary lesions are most common, multiple pilomatricomas can be seen with certain genetic disorders such as Gardner’s syndrome, myotonic dystrophy, and Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...