Green Kid Crafts

Monday, January 28, 2019

Update from Us



Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, bridge and outdoor


Happy New Year everyone!! Sorry it has been a while since I have updated. Things have been pretty crazy and hectic. In the last post we were in the process of buying a house. Sadly things didn't work out with that house after a LOT of craziness. We stopped the process for a few months and are currently starting the process back up and are looking for a house that fits our wants and needs.  We will keep looking until we find our perfect house.
Image may contain: Lou John Owens Sr., smiling, selfie and closeup
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, christmas tree and closeupThe holidays went pretty well and we stayed busy. My husband and I are both still busy working and the kids are busy with school, a little over halfway through the school year. We did have a bit of a rough start to the new year. Bella started the very first of the year with a virus that lasted a few days with cough and high fevers and just general blah which in turn we each got and overall lasted about 2 weeks. I myself was included in that and sadly I had to miss almost 2 weeks of work. Not a great way to start a new year. Kaya had to add to the craziness by starting off the new year with daily headaches again. She wasn't due for her follow up MRI and neurosurgery appointment until almost the end of the year but with her headaches and other new symptoms they wanted to get it done now. The MRI showed almost no change in her platybasia. The doctor did say that there is some crowding starting to happen which can be the start of Chiari. He ordered an Xray to check for cervical instability which came back normal and ordered a swallow study which is in the beginning of March. We then follow up with neurosurgery the end of April. Silas is due for his MRI and neurosurgery follow up this year too. I always get nervous about that and hope that things are stable for him.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Lou John Owens Sr., people smiling, closeup
I am waiting to hear back from an interview I had this week to see if I will be getting a new job. It is one I have been wanting and hoping for as it's only part time, but its for medical front office which is what I went to school for. I am very hopeful that I will get it. Lou has been very busy with his job and is enjoying it for the most part.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup
Lou and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this year. Because of this we want to renew our vows this year. When we got married we just got married by the JP in his office with just a few family members. We want to have a real wedding this time with all our friends and family, so we have started planning that as well.

I have been practicing and working on preparing to get my concealed carry. Lou already has it and I can't wait to get mine. I got a new gun as a Christmas gift. We have practiced a few times at the range.
Image may contain: 2 people, beard, eyeglasses, hat, closeup and indoor
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, guitar and indoorWe are currently preparing and planning for Kaya's 8th birthday coming up here soon. She wants to go roller skating again this year. She wants a JoJo Siwa theme as that's her big thing right now.


We recently got to start seeing my stepson again and the kids and us are so happy. They love getting to play with him and can't wait for the warmer weather to get here again so we can play at the park.
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and baby
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and babyImage may contain: 1 person, sitting and baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting

day 3: meaning of my name

A lot of you may be wondering where my blog name came from, how I came up with it. As I have previously mentioned i have 4 kids. They are cu...